Monday, April 2, 2012

Minister Jared Sawyer, Jr.'s Inspiration for the Month of April 2012

Minister Jared Sawyer, Jr.'s 
Inspiration for the Month of
April 2012

"Victory Is Mine"
1 Samuel 17:42-50

 
This inspiration comes from a very familiar story in the bible. Some know of us know of it as the story of David and Goliath. Some know of it as the story of David slews a giant. But, regardless, all know of it as a story of accomplishment, a story of attainment, a story of gain, a story of sensation, a story of success, a story of triumph, but most of all a story of victory.
David, being a young man and shepherd over his father’s sheep, defeated his enemy Goliath. If you read the details within this story and you compare and contrast David and Goliath, you’ll realize that worldly odds would give Goliath the true winning advantage. But, David had God to fight his battles. And when you have God to fight your battles it’s a 100 percent guarantee that you are going to win and it’s a 100 percent guarantee that you’re going to come out with the victory. 
My brothers and sisters, we have to be like David and develop that confidential mindset when we can say in spite of what we’re going through, in spite of the situation, even in spite of the enemy, I’m still coming out of my situation with the victory. Truly, they’re going to be some Goliaths in your life. They're going to be some people in your life that are going to try to discourage you by saying things like: “That’s too hard for you.” Well, you have to tell them: THERE IS NOTHING TOO HARD FOR GOD! And if God be for you, no one or no thing can be against you. They’re going to be some people in your life that are going to try to trouble your mindset by asking you if you’re scared. You just smile and say: “Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil.” You tell them what Psalm 27:3 guarantees you. “Though an army may encamp against me, my heart shall not fear; though war may rise against me, in this I will give you confidence in the time of despair, in the time of confusion, or in a battle.
          Some of you today are going through some things. Some of you today are in a difficult circumstance.  Some of you today, are currently in the battle ring with the enemy. And so in summation, some of you today are just like David. But, be encouraged as I say that just like David, if you just keep the faith, if you don't give up, you too will come out with the victory. I want to encourage you today, your battle is not greater than you and so therefore you can and will overcome it. I want to encourage you today that just like David the Lord will be with you every step of the way. I want to encourage you today that just like David the Lord will deliver you out of the hand of whatever your enemy may be. I emphasize to you today, If God gave David the victory back then, there is absolutely no reason why he won’t give you the victory today.
          Don’t look at your battles that you’re faced with and shake in terror, but instead just stand tall and let God fight your battles for you. For the Battle is not yours it’s the Lord’s.
          Some of you've been in the battle for a long time and I know you may not want to wait any longer but just remember: "They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and never faint--They that wait upon the Lord." Hallelujah! I know you may feel like there's nobody there for you to call on--just call on the mighty name of Jesus. I know what you're going through may be more than you can bear, but hold on, just be strong and trust in him in the midst of it all. I know you may want to give up but Don't Give Up, Never Give In, Just Wait On The Lord to lead you to your victory! Hallelujah!
          Say this with me as you read this: “I’ve decided to keep the faith. I've decided to don't give up. I've decided never to give in. Because I believe that if I trust in God I will come out of my situation with the Victory in my right and my Testimony in my left hand." God has spoken this into our lives and let us as believers, let us as the body of Christ, let us as a church say Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment